Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Courage of Others, Midlake

BEST OF 2010

Midlake's previous album sounded slightly old fashioned. And, I loved it all the more for this reason. On their third release, The Courage of Others, Midlake sounds even more antiqued. My first listen to this album made me feel as though I discovered an old record in my father's dusty vinyl collection.

I was immediately drawn to this album seconds after the third track started. I felt as though I was experiencing what many people have described Radiohead's KID A to be like... an event. A need to sit through the entire thing. Focused on nothing more than sound and the sight created.

The band has compared themselves to the likes of Jethro Tull and Radiohead. The presence is obvious. I feel as though this band is a 70s rebirth. And I couldn't be happier.

A+

No comments:

Post a Comment